Friday, July 17, 2009

The very first day of the rest of my life

I had a bit of an epiphany the other day. I had an occasion to think about, and be thankful for all the blessings in my life. You know, on blogs we too often just talk about what we hope for, wish for, what went wrong, what he hope won't go wrong, and the like. There is nothing wrong with that. It's what is going on in our head, and if we want to share, that is cool, and more power to us.

But, what we lack so often, is the representation to others just what small little blessings, or wonders happen each day. Tiny seemingly inconsequential occurrences or observations that we enjoy for that split second, and then we forget.

Well, I am here to tell you that I am going to start sharing those small fleetingly wondrous moments, each and every day. It's the journey folks, not the destination.


So, to that end, at some point I will be changing the lay out of the blog, and maybe just maybe the title. Who knows.

At the start of each blog, I will post what that tiny little inconsequential wonderment was that I noticed. Maybe it's a function of getting older and thanking God that we still get along pretty good. I don't know, but I am happy to have had my little epiphany while I can still remember them ;)


Here's the wonderment for this entry:

The other day on the way to work, just before turning into the driveway, a doe and THREE fawns crossed the road in front of my car. THREE polka dotted babies. All looking in good nick.

Two days later, same place, a momma Raccoon and her two babies crossed the road at the same place.

Motherhood- is there any more worthy duty in this world? I think not. I praise all you moms out there. As for the animal moms- I wonder what they feel when they successfully raise their young? Do they blush with pride? Or, are they looking forward to the next set?

No comments: