Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gittin' together with fellow 40 some - things

Well, the wedding is over. What a great time. First, the wedding itself. It was just great. It was set in a beautiful large Chapel, and the organ was HUGE- the sound coming out of that was almost deafening. The Choir was amazing- clearly professional singers and some great Sopranos mixed in. The Priest, who hailed from the bride's home town in Long Island was wonderful. He told a great short story/joke, and just made the ceremonies that much more joyful. The bride absolutely beamed, and the groom? Smitten with his to-be wife- that's for sure.

Then, the reception- it was outside, and a great band played. Lots of good music. The food was good- very good. There was beef, chicken, catfish (which was the best of all three) and assorted starches and veggies. MMM MMM.

About 1/2 way through, some women and I started to dance, and I danced and danced. Turns out we were all either almost 40, or in our 40's. It was so cool to hang with woman who are in my age range- we knew the same music, danced the same way. It was a lot of fun.

There was an open bar, and I actually imbibed on my favorite drink- it was very good too- not too much, but enough. My father video taped the wedding, and he ate at our table, which was nice.

I woke up this morning tired, and SORE. I haven't danced much of late. Am thinking this would be great to start doing more of- fun exercise!

Been a long time since I have attended a wedding, and this one reminded me of why I enjoy them- they are FUN!

No comments: