Thursday, July 30, 2009

The summer that wasn't

It has just been horrible this summer weather-wise. If it isn't raining, well, I can't say that- it just keeps raining!!! The mosquitoes are unbelievable. The bugs in general. Now, we are in this humidity from heck. It is muggy, buggy and rainy. It puts me in quite a foul mood. I think most of us are that way. The forecast is for chance (big) of thunderstorms for the foreseeable future. Ridiculous. It rained again yesterday, and this morning, I knew it was raining because my dogs just didn't stir. Even Mr Chips decided better of it. I went out this morning with Danny for some ball playing, and got attacked by mosquitoes- again.

Went to my sister's last night for one of my nephew's birthday get together. The cake was extraordinarily good, in fact, I had TWO pieces. I never do that, but MAN it was good.

I don't know when I will work dogs again. It is just too gross. Danny's endurance has improved, but the heat! It's dangerous to work dogs for more than a couple minutes in this. At the farm, when we get set up, we will have big shade trees to be under when we work- that will be good.

Well, there isn't much to say, and I haven't had a smile yet today, so I will have to come back when I have one.

I hope everyone else is having a better summer...

No comments: