Friday, July 31, 2009

Smiles, and knees

So, I DID have a smile yesterday. I have to tell you the whole story, so grab a cuppa jo, and read...

While at my nephew's part the other night, I was perusing some magazines that my sister was recycling to us (the women in our family pass on books/mags to each other when we are done with them). I opened I think it was Good Housekeeping, and saw a story, with a sign in it that said "Hoosegow", which, you westerners will know means "jail". I said "that's funny, a friend of mine in Montana used that word a while ago, but I had never seen it used before". My sister said "Who, Kerrie?" I said "no, Penny" (another friend).

Kerrie is my friend who lives in Montana. We became very good friends when she came out here when we were in our late teens. I worked for her uncle (horse vet). We had such fun, and are equal in our love for animals. I told my sister I hadn't heard from Kerrie in a long time.

Well, yesterday after work, the phone rang. Guess who? KERRIE!!!!!!! It was SO great to hear from her! We chatted for a while, when we hung up, we had our assignments to look for cheap flights to get her out here for a visit. It's funny how things work out isn't it???



Knees? bad, worse than before, untenable.

No comments: