Saturday, July 18, 2009

Danny's song

This song relates to Danny my boy while he grows and bides his time to work sheep...

Oh Danny boy, the sheep the sheep they are a calling
Your blood from Glen and Dibs tell you to abide
The summer's here and all the birds are singing
'Tis you, 'tis you must grow and I must bide

But come ye back when fall is in the meadow
or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
Then you'll be grown and then you'll be set to go
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so

And if you come when all the sheep are calling
And I am gone, some where down the road
You just look across the deep horizon
And I'll be there to send you where to go

And when you're grown and soft you tread 'long side me
and all my dreams are starting to come true
I will not fail to show you that I love you
And I will ask just what you pray I will

No comments: