Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lambs, dogs, soup

Thank you to Elaine for the congratulations for the interview.  It is neat to be recognized for dedication to what you do.  What's really cool, is that since I am all about animals, the whole tone of it explains who I am to a T.  The editors really were able to tease who I am out of my answers...

Yesterday was a muddy mucky day at the farm.  The Muck boots I wore were apropos.  Had to hose off the dogs before we left.  My car will need a deep cleaning soon... even though they ride in crates, the car still gets awfully dirty...

Sheep are good, getting bigger.  Two have started bagging up and now I am nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  Sure wish I were lambing later... I am taking time off of work to be around most of the time.  I surely hope everything goes okay.  Something about when you start to see them bagging up, it makes it all very real. 

Was supposed to get hay today, but considering there is about  6" of water as of yesterday sitting on the ground in front of the barn and all this warm weather, which will make the mud even worse, I canceled until Monday.  I don't think they could get the hay wagon in there.... And if they did they were tear it up something awful.

I am taking tomorrow off work for a much needed respite from every day life, to go work dogs with my friend.  I will either get there and leave early, or have someone else feed my sheep.  Either way, I need a break.  And, with lambing coming up, it will probably be the last one in a long time.


I slept pretty well last night.  Had pb/j for dinner with a big glass of milk.  I am definitely not a gourmand... I find that by the end of the day, figuring out what I want to eat (it must contain protein) is not my strong suit.  I am going to go get some Carnation Instant Breakfast to have in the house when I need a protein filled food item... put that in some milk, and instant meal!  Yesterday I had a Wendys' Chicken sandwich for lunch, as I was desperate for protein.  Today, soup again, I so love my soup!  The guy at work who makes it has been doing so for almost 30 years... he's very very good at it.

Well, that's it for now!

No comments: