Friday, January 25, 2013

Train in a good mood....

It was windier yesterday, than the day before, so it was a bit uncomfortable walking the dogs. Had to go sit on the heated seats in my car between chores/laps... Sheep had consumed a lot of water, and their tank was 2/3 empty, so I am glad I plugged the heat tape in... I bet that hydrant would have frozen.  There is no snow left for them to eat, and it is *really* dry out.  I went inside to chat with my brother for a bit and when I came out, some sheep had gone to get a drink.  When they saw me, they immediately halted and then the three of them bolted as fast as their little feet could, back to the flock.  Cheviots are funny. Nothing is ever done lackadaisically.  The sheep actually seem to like this weather... go figure... They certainly have the right outer wear for it...

When I got home, I was certainly cold (even though I stopped at D/D and got a nice decaf coffee to warm up).  I didn't go out to clean the yard because it was so cold and windy.  Not worth it to me. 

Made a simple dinner last night and just watched tv.  I was a bit worried about my furnace- as you  never know when you tax it this much, how it will go, but thankfully I just had it cleaned... 

This morning it was 5 degrees F.  Another cold day ahead.  Long stretch this is...  Joey is acting puppyish on our walks and in the house.. Next week we will have a heat wave, and I plan to work the dogs a bit. 

Today I have a busy, run around day, meetings, you name it.  Tonight a nice quiet night is all I want.  And, a weekend like that too.  I was just thinking about how much more I used to travel (hours each way) to work the dogs on sheep back when I was just starting and going to other's places.  That is way way down, and although I know I do need to get out, I really don't love all that driving.  I also was thinking how I would train in all sorts of horrible weather.  I was just so driven... Um, not so much anymore...  Not fun, and I believe in being in a good mood when training, or not to train at all.

Well, that's it for now....

No comments: