Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Great Mushroom

Remember the Peanuts movie "The Great Pumpkin"?  Well, we've got the Mushroom version!

This is, I think, the world's largest mushroom.  I was walking the dogs, and saw this.  Thinking it was a soccer ball, I kicked it, and it sort of fell to the side.  I picked it up and took a whiff, and sure enough, it's a mushroom.  It's huge!  I had to get a bit of video, because I did not have my camera with me.  All this rain we have been getting makes things like Fungus grow I guess!  Wish we could enter it in the fair... Smells just like those mushrooms you pick up at the grocery store; the ones we use in say, spaghetti sauce...



Worked Joey a bit yesterday, but it was a bit warm out.  I think I did too much yesterday- I started using whistles, and it was confusing him.  So, back down a bit. I am also letting him scoop sheep out of weird places now that he has the concept of starting on one side and not crossing over.  For the most part, he is good about that anyway!  I wondered why every time I brought him into the field he was pulling me toward the right.  Well, yesterday I followed him and he was bringing me to the barn.. Ah, he knows the flock is in there....

Lambs are getting better, one even jumped straight up into the air yesterday for no reason- that, I like to see!

Will be glad when this rainy week is over.  I have to work on Sat, so my weekend won't be great, and I have to stay late on Friday too...

Here's a video of Joe at the end of our work yesterday. Nothing in particular, just allowing him to just do his thing and not get around to the head of me, which he is getting :)



No comments: