Friday, October 12, 2012

Brrrrskie

That's my euphemism for "dang it's cold out there!  It was cold last night, and damp.  That combination forced me to allow the furnace to come on.    I slept like a baby last night and did not wake until I heard the paper delivery guy drive off.   For me, that's a big deal.  It was a good night.

Yesterday, I worked Joe, and also got the last lawn mowing for the year done.  Now, just have to wait a bit for the rest of the leaves to come down, and will get started on them.  This weekend, my dad is coming by to help me power wash the green off my house.  For some reason, my house attracts this, and it just looks bad, and I am rather proud of my house, so we will get it cleaned.  I am also going to ask him to cut down my half dead pine tree in my front yard.  It looks so bad, it has to go.  Then, I will trim back a bunch of my shrubs.  One other item is to replace some rotten boards on my front step. 

Worked Joe yesterday, he did great, he is so much fun to work, he's got that great combination of instinct, biddability , initiative and confidence on sheep.  I would take another just like him. 

Today, I am going to look at a camper, after I get my errands run.  It will be a bit of a drive, but I think it will be well worth it, and it will pay for itself in a couple years of trialing.  This is the time of year to buy one- everyone is looking to unload before winter. 

The sheep are good, still one more to be marked, but then that's it.  My friend John does not have a ram yet, and not sure if he will find one.  I would sure like him to, because we want to have a trial at his place next summer, early fall, and just his adult ewes won't cut it.  So, we shall see.

Well, that's all for now, hope everyone has a good Friday!

No comments: