Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Storm, mice

Yesterday I went up to the farm, walked the dogs, just as the wind started to ramp up.  It wasn't bad.  I fed the sheep, and made sure that the barn door was locked open and the barn set if they wanted to use it.  I checked their water, and then my sister and I headed out (she took a ride up there with me). 

Got home and the wind really started picking up.  At about 5:00, I fed the dogs, and filled some giant pots with water, and set to watching House Hunters, interspersed with the Weather Channel.  The storm was really pounding the Jersey shore and NYC was getting flooded.

I finally fell asleep just after I heard on the news that three people had been killed by falling limbs- one man was killed in his house when a tree fell on it.  That scares the heck out of me. 

I woke up this morning SHOCKED that I did not lose power.  The winds were the strongest I can remember.  I did hear some things hit the roof, and side of the house, but I have not checked everything out yet... Anyway, after I woke this morning, I turned on the light and there right in front of me was a dead, wet mouse.  GROSS.  Right smack dab in the middle of my bedroom floor.  I heard my kitty meowing at the side of my bed, he must have been very proud of his prize.  I have never seen him do this before, but well, I guess there is a first time for everything.  I picked it up with a newspaper and put it in a plastic bag to throw out.  Better check my traps and make sure we don't let anymore in!

My knees are killing me today, and I think it's related to the stress.  I am finally seeing a pattern with this knee stuff.

Well, later today I head up to the farm and check out the sheep/fields/fences.  No cable/tv/phone at home.

No comments: