Monday, March 30, 2009

On the heels of..

My fatness realization, I had a follow up visit with my new internist. I like her very much- she is to the point, has a sense of humor, and is very thorough. Thinks of things I never would have- and I am good at details... (generally, that is).

The good news is, most everything is good. The bad news is that I have high cholesterol, and the bad cholesterol is up, as are the triglycerides. Stinky winky :( I also have elevated C-protein. This can indicate that RA is present, or not, and can also indicate possible heart disease- or not. I am going with the former, because that has been brought up to me before. I am going for a 2nd opinion on the RA in a few weeks.

So, that means ix nay on the fried foods, and more exercise (a LOT). I also have been instructed to take an aspirin (baby) a day. This is to free up any plaques that are gathering. Joy, I feel like a much older person with these instructions. I don't have to go on cholesterol lowering meds, oh, and she gave me some other Rx- I something to do with helping the blood circulation... oh, LORD, now I am one of THOSE people. You know, the ones who when asked "are you on any medication?" have to whip out a sheet of paper. Great.

So, I guess the deal is that I am in pretty good shape, for the shape I am in. Now I have to re-form that shape. No time like the present. Hey- does anyone know if a turkey sandwich with a little mayo, and lettuce on wheat bread is considered "healthy"? It's a much better choice than what I used to have for my main meal, which was a chicken strip wrap and waffle fries....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Eat Cheerios or some type of oatmeal for breakfast. A little over a year ago I lowered my cholesterol by 48 points by eating Cheerios every day. I now either have a granola cereal(rolled oats) or Cheerios for breakfast and have kept my cholesterol down. And yes, you need to cut out those Reese's anything. Hate to say that. And welcome to being over 40. :o)

Unknown said...

I have to take a baby aspirin each day for my heart. I finally got off the 15 pills a day that I was taking. Have them check out your heart for any issues.