Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brrrr-ski

That's a term I coined, to use when it is REALLY freakin' cold outside. Yesterday it was stormy. We didn't get much snow (Thank you Lord, seriously, thank you!) but the wind was whipping, and branches were flying. I was exhausted (again), and when I got home I just had to lay down for a bit. Man, I feel like a 75 year old sometimes! Anyway, Danny was great, and he took a nap too.

Later we spent a bit of time outside, so he could run and play. Lucy played with him, and he had to alligator snap a few times to get Lucy to not play too rough. He learned that with his pup friend up north. I think Lucy thinks it a bit funny, but also she realizes he gets annoyed a bit. It's all good though, because he is finally getting into the pack inner workings. Kylie snapped at him (he tries to "herd" her like Lucy does) and Kylie is not interested in that. So, he learned another lesson (well, for the time being- pups don't have the longest attention/retention span).

Anyway, so this morning the boy actually whined to go outside- not near the door, but still- that is a very good thing. Mr. C likes to entice him into a game of chase, but then jumps high atop something to end the game (cheater!).

I think I like the beginning of the day when Danny is still a bit tired and looks me in the eye, like he is trying to understand me. Then he bites my hair. Oh well- it's those small moments...

I think the temperatures are supposed to stay rather freezing for the next few days. Then, on the weekend, warm up- I hope so. I just got another delivery of oil, and I would like to have a lot left for next year.


So, here we are in another busy week. Tonight is NCIS on the tellie, and since it's on at 8, I should be able to make it through the whole show!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another NCIS fan! Have you heard the rumors that it may be cancelled? :( Tuesday was a rerun, unfortunately....

Dancing shepherdess said...

It better not be canceled.... But, then again, they have a habit of canceling all good shows, so it may well be.