Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bunny Pinball

Okay, so I have either the world's DUMBEST wild Bunnies around my place, or, well, I can't think of any other explanation.

I let my dogs out this morning, as usual. I heard Lucy on the tail of something, which put everyone ELSE on the tail of something. Lucy, or the Bunny actually squealed. I didn't know what it was at that point, because it was black as pitch out there. Now, I have a fully fenced in back yard, that only has certain areas where the Rabbits can get in and out. Unfortunately for the Bunny, when being chased by multiple dogs, the exits aren't always apparent....

So, thence comes the term "Bunny Pinball". The thing darts this way and that- I only know this because I see the dogs are doing this too. Then it smashes into the fence, and bounces off just to re-start the pinball action. Then, the thing stops from shear exhaustion. I get almost all the dogs in. Lucy sticks with it- it is laying near a tree. I call Lucy back to me, and to my surprise, she comes. All this time Danny is staying near me, as he has no idea of the fun that is going on, and there are important things to do, like empty his tanks.

So, since I left without checking for the Bunny, I suppose I shall have to take a gander out there before I let the dogs out. If it is dead, then I shall have to remove it, lest someone decide to dine on it.

Why, oh why do these Bunnies feel the need to jump in to what is for all intents and purposes a Lion's den?

No comments: