Friday, March 13, 2009

Danny hits 12 weeks

So, today Danny is 12 weeks. I wish I could say time has flown, but.. I am still doing quite a bit of managing with Lucy- I just don't trust her. She has very little patience. Of course, I may well be overly careful, but better safe than sorry right?

Danny has been a great pup. He likes his routine, and seems to look forward to doing anything new. Since he's my first Border Collie pup, I didn't know what to expect. He is very similar to the Kelpies, albeit, maybe a tad bit calmer? I shouldn't say that out loud, I know...

Danny had his 12 week vet visit yesterday. He weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs. He did very well. Vet said he looked good. He is a good weight- can feel those ribs, but not too skinny. I remember Lucy weighed 18 lbs at 13 weeks, and she is now about 32-35 lbs. So, I wonder how big Danny will get. He is growing at the right clip. I don't think he will be overly hairy- long coated for sure, but not massive. I hope.

So, Danny, here's to you. It's been fun so far, and I hope you are happy with us!

No comments: