Thursday, March 26, 2009

EEWWWW...

Yesterday, I tackled one of those jobs that is seldom done- because you just don't think of it.
I have an electric range. I use tin foil on the metal pans that sit under the burners (a trick my mother taught me, which makes keeping them clean WAY easier.) I decided to change out that tin foil- dust was the main issue... But, as I took everything out, I spied lots of detritus underneath the burners- the top of the oven? I don't know, all I know is that it took some time to clean out all that "stuff" that had fallen through. It is spick and span now, but man, word to the wise- check that out. It does get gnarly.


I like to do one extra job every day- other than the usual cleaning , or what have you. I find it's the only way I will get to those onerous jobs that get shoved off for ever- because they are so well, onerous.

I think today it will be the laundry room. I know, I can tell you are all so excited reading this ;)

One interesting thing to note- there are so many places for rent now, and much cheaper... I have been looking at houses on farms. I don't know if I could do it... But, there is one down the road from me on 125 acres. How nice would it be to live at a place where we could really stretch our legs. I would not sell my place- I would rent it out, so that would free me a bit. I will contact the agent today and see what she says. I have thought about doing the land rental again, but I won't do that unless the price is significantly cheaper than what I paid last time- AND there MUST be water available, and real fences. I hate electronet. Well, I don't hate it, but I believe it is really only good to use when you have a flock that you need to mow down area on, and not for dogs who are training- you also don't want to move it too much, because I for one, can't seem to grasp that concept.

There is one place I just remembered that has fencing up, and they used to keep cattle there, but no more. The fence needs some work (posts are leaning), but it is not far from my place, and has utilities and water.... One thing about me. I don't jump into things- glacial pace is more like it ;0)

I hear we are getting rain this weekend (boo hiss). So, will have to get dog work in there some where between the rain drops.

Well, that's it for now. Now, everyone- go look under your burners....

No comments: