Thursday, April 1, 2010

Headway

Well, it's been a while since I've written, and that's because I have been flat out like a lizard drinking.

I found some good hard working (well, pretty good) guys to come and put in the fence. I have had to work while they have been at it, but I can see that they have really put their best into the work. The posts were set on a line, so they all lined up just about as perfect as is humanly possible. They are also level, each and every single one. They worked two days full on. Oh, and while doing the line stringing they had to clear brush/prickers, so that added some work.

Now, we've just got to set the gate/corner posts and then attach the fence. This will be at least two more full days. It's not easy. Each fence roll weighs 260 lbs; so it won't be easy to wrangle them. I don't even know if I have enough fence at this point. We shall see.

The dogs have not gotten any work, because I really need to focus on getting this done- hopefully by Monday. That's what I am shooting for.

I cannot wait to be able to just sit and look at the fence, all done, with sheep in the pasture. Seriously, it will be just surreal. I have been thinking about this for years, and finally it's come to fruition.

My arm is still in it's sling, which is getting very old.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: