Thursday, April 22, 2010

Farm stuff

So, I ended up having to give another shot of abx last night, as I did not give enough. Apparently, I was way off on the weight approximation... So, I had my friend come over and help, because my arm is not 100% yet, and it's hard to flip a 150 lb sheep, when you are new at it (I say that, because one of my friends can do it basically with a pinky).

So, I had Lucy fetch them up, and then got my sheep. Lucy came in hard and spooked the sheep, and I had to re-catch (apparently she needs another lesson in good behavior).
My friend held her while I found suitable muscle to inject, and we just hung out and watched them graze, which they went right back to. She is still sore on that foot, but the leg ankle is not warm, and I think with the dosage/duration I am giving her, she will be good to go, I hope, because there aren't a lot of options for lame sheep...

After my friend left, I put the fence wire on the gate, and as I did, the girls came down to watch. One stuck her nose through to get a good sniff. Very friendly they are.
Sore foot lady stays back, but can you blame her? Their ears are getting attacked by black flies, so I am going to get some Swat to deal with that.

Tonight a guy is coming to give me an estimate on brush hogging the pasture, so I am psyched about that!

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: