Thursday, April 8, 2010

Changing the name

I have decided to change the name of the blog, I think. I think the new handle will be "Everybody loves Lucy". That's because everyone who meets her does. I couldn't love her anymore, in any way. Lucy is everything that a first mate/working partner, and friend could be.

Lucy's loyalty is unwavering. When I leave the car, Lucy will look in the direction I left and maintain her surveillance, calmly. People can literally walk up to the car, lean into the window, stare at her, and she ignores them. She only has eyes for me. She is not nervous or worried, she's simply on sentry duty for me.

On the days where we can't work, or play, lately, that's a lot, she understands, lets out a sigh, and waits for me to get home, and then lies next to me in bed. She doesn't HAVE to do anything. She would like to, I guess, but she's just going to go with my flow.

My mother, who is not a real dog lover, commented on how well behaved she was at Easter, and then added that she was SO pretty. That's my Lucy, pretty and well behaved. Looks shouldn't matter, but when you have her looks, well, you can take credit.

Many times, I think that Lucy is all the dog I need. Seriously. She is everything I could want.

When we trial, we either do extremely well, or her nerves get the better of her, and she gets wonky, but at the end, generally without fail, as we walk off the field, Lucy will make a bee-line for the judge, and wiggle, and try and give them a kiss. Even folks who have been in the sheepdog trialing game a long time are seduced by her elan, and joie de vivre.

Today, Lucy will sit at home and wait for me, only for me, and when I get home, she will wiggle up to me, and just revel in the fact that we are together.

I love you Lucy, and so does everyone else.

No comments: