Saturday, March 27, 2010

Still cooking....

It's been a while... Let's see, after work some time this week, I rented a truck and picked up the fence posts. 150 metals, and 15 6", which it turns out is not enough. I initially bought 20, but had a small cardiac event at the price...

Anyway, I got to the farm and proceeded to kick them off the side of the truck. Getting up there was not easy. Something went pop in my shoulder, but just a small one. As I continued getting the posts off the truck, I suddenly had to hit the ladies room. What ever was I to do? I would NEVER get back up on the truck and I couldn't get it done without being up there, AND the truck is rented by the hour... So, I did what any other self respecting girl would do- I finished, in record time.

All week I had been in touch with the guys I was hiring to do the manual labor. I also found a company that would come out and drive in my corner posts. All was good. Until today. The laborer guy said he found other work (since last night). Great. So, this means I have to find someone else, and I may see if I can afford to have the pounder guys do the rest. We will see. I just want this job done.

I was able to get the dogs worked this week. Lucy is ready for her pronovice debut- actually, she does open length courses, but I am not doing open, not for a while. She is coming along nicely on her cross driving and holding her lines. Her outruns are cleaned up too.

Danny's last work was very good. We have the come by side just about sussed. He's been tight, almost slicey on that side, and not deep enough. He gets the correction to "get out" on the fly, and that also yields a deeper top. I know now how incredibly important flanks are, and I won't yield on correct ones! It was so sweet, after I worked Danny in one of the sessions, I walked up to him and he was so wiggly, so proud of himself, you could just see him asking if he had "done good". He has such a good attitude.

Today I had to work, and then I came home and just don't feel well- like I have a cold, or something. I have basically been in bed all afternoon. Poor dogs- bored. Tomorrow I will take them to the field to run, if I feel well, early, when no one will be around. Then, off to church, and then who knows. I don't know when the fence guys are coming next week, except I hope not Monday, because I have meetings all day.

So, that's it for now.

No comments: