Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A good exhaustion

So, after work yesterday, I worked the dogs. Danny is doing well. He is now even starting to lean to the left, when I set him up, instead of always to the right. He's getting deep enough, but he's still not ready for me to stay further from the sheep. Once he gets this, I think we will progress fast, at least, I hope. I want correct work close and far, period.

Lucy did great driving, and now it's time to work on outruns- kicking her out/deeper, and the God forsaken laying down on the fetch. I don't know about her. Sometimes she's cool, other times she's not. I don't have it in me to be *really* hard on her, so I need suggestions. I am all for a correction if it works, but if it doesn't stick, then what?

She was tired yesterday too, lots of outruns will do that to a girl.

Oh, and we banded tails yesterday on a few extremely cute lambies. On the way home I stopped at the farm and measured for gates. The dogs haven't been in the field yet, but soon.

Sheep may come as early as this weekend, can you believe it?

I am extremely exhausted today, but in a good way, you know?

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: