Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Serenity

When I got home from work last night, I made some awesome egg salad. No, nothing special, it just really hit the spot. Then, it was time to play with the dogs. Specifically, Lucy, and Danny. So, for the first time, I decided Danny could be outside with Lucy and I while we played. I tied Danny up, as I knew he would not be able to contain himself when Lucy was fetching the Frisbee.

Anyway, I played a while with Lucy, until she was hot, and she went to the tank to cool off, and then I got Danny, and we played ball. After a while, I thought to myself, that Danny ought to see that the tank is a nice place to cool off...

So, I brought his ball over to it, dropped it in, and told Danny to get his ball...
So, he did, well, he tried. He finally had to put a leg in to get it. He seemed to like that game- I swear, I almost had him dropping it in, so he could get it... At one point it was in the middle of the tank, and he had to put two legs in to get it. After he got it, he popped out and looked at both his sopping legs like they were aliens. It was soooo funny.

I have been not leaving Danny outside by himself so much anymore, because he gets into mischief. He ate the little slats on my dryer vent... I thought he would rather be outside, than crated, but honestly, I think as long as he is with us, he's cool. He gradually is loose more and more, but I gotta be careful, because he has certain bathroom habits, that I need to be mindful of.

Oh, the best part of yesterday. It was somewhere between 5 and 6 pm. I had been hearing lots of birds, and I went out on the deck with my binoculars to see what I could see. The deal is this, behind my back yard is some one's else's back yard, but their house is way up the hill on the left- out of sight. Behind that back yard is someone else's back yard- a house that has been vacant since it was built, so it's more like a twice a year mowed meadow. Well, on the property that is behind me is a wet area, boggy, lots of animals love that area. Also, to the right of my property is a wooded section. It's pretty nice in there, all tucked away...

So, anyway, I sit down on the deck and start to look. I see 6 male Gold Finches, and two females. I saw a house finch. I saw a male and female Cardinal. I saw a red wing blackbird. Then, two dear popped into the meadow I mentioned, and they didn't stay long. It was like a nature program. I was so serene. I forgot the things that annoy me (my horrible neighbor etc). I was about as tranquil as I have ever been there.

When it was time to go in, the birds had all dispersed a bit, and it got a bit quieter. I thanked God for what I have, and the ability to appreciate it.

Life is very good sometimes...

No comments: