Saturday, January 31, 2009

A busy morning

Na, not one lick of sheepherding. Not even any sheepherding on youtube. I awoke early this morning- there is a lot on my mind. I also woke up at my usual 3:00 a.m., as usual. I don't know why that's happening.

Anyway, I was up early, and as I was getting some morning chores done, Kylie had jumped up on the bed, let out some urine, and then, as she realized that and ran to the door, there was a good amount of blood left in the puddle. Great. So, I ran to the store for my weekly trip (and ordered the cake for tomorrow), hit the Pharmacy, and the dog food store, and then zipped up to the Vet's for the appointment I had made for Kylie.

While in the vet's office, some lady was showing a pic of what appeared to be a Yorkie, and told her that her friend bought this dog for $6000.00. ???????
I said "I can't believe anyone ADMITTED to paying that much for a dog". Are people NUTS????

I stupidly let Kylie empty her bladder before we went in, so they couldn't do a UA, but since she is a "spooky lukey" (my term for scared of everyone but me), she let some urine go on the floor- it contained white blood cells and bacteria. So, she's on Clavamox. Poor thing. I wish we could tell sooner when dogs had these things. She hasn't been acting fit as her usual fiddle lately, but I chalked it up to nothing in particular...

So, then I came home and shredded more old documents. Shredders are a great thing. Just don't leave them plugged in when not using- remember Stuart Mah's BC stuck his tongue in one and chopped off/diced up most of his tongue... That was a lesson learned vicariously for me!

So, now I am going to chill and watch Hallmark Channel- or maybe Top Chef?

I am taking a rest, anyhow!

3 comments:

BCxFour said...

OMG He shredded his tongue...REALLY? OUCH! The poor guy. I am turning the shredder off NOW! Thanks for the reminder!

BCxFour said...

Wait, that just hit me...$6000.00 for a YORKIE? WTF? WHY? What is wrong with people. My god, the dogs we could get altered for that money - or fed, or kept from dying. Or better yet..the amount of children that could be fed with that money. Oh gawd...I need to stop now before I work myself up in a real tizzy. *sigh*

Dancing shepherdess said...

Yeah, well, people have more money than sense, and all that... It's that designer, carry at your hip dog craze. Perfect for nutty people, and terrible for the dogs who don't know they are dogs.

About the shredder- un plug it. If your is like mine, they are on automatic...