Friday, January 9, 2009

Don't EVER

Buy canned Ravioli- you know, a la Chef Boyardee. OH MY LORD. It is worse than disgusting. It is beyond belief disgusting. The "meat" in it? What IS that? It looks like some sort of crumbly brown substance. Maybe I have been cooking too much lately, or, maybe I am watching Top Chef too often, but nevertheless, I will NEVER taste anything like this again. Right in the trash it went. Another good move for my diet- now I've no appetite. I was thinking of doing a roast chicken with home made stuffing sometime this weekend, or, maybe not. I suppose it depends on what is on sale. But, it will NOT be canned Ravioli. I swear, I won't even LOOK in that direction again. People eat this though, that's scary. I think canned dog or cat food would be better.

I made a big mistake today. I mistook Idaho for Iowa. Getting out there is like, um, waaay further than just Iowa. Iowa I have been to. Idaho- no, because it's too far to drive!!!! I am just stupid.

Supposed to get snow this weekend. Great. Lucy can't run on this glacial-like crust and now, snow on top if it. Well, if the crust stays hard, and the new snow is soft.... Still, her working time is way reduced of late- I know we are not the only ones- everyone in the north east is hatin' it right now. We need a BIG indoor- you know, like the ones that they hold rodeos in. Then we can just trailer some sheep, and voila! back to work.

Bought a new book today, it's called (I think) "We bought a Zoo"- true story about a UK family who bought a zoo in serious dis-repair, and full of Zoo animals. Should be good. I also picked up a copy of "Hobby Farmer". In it, they had plans for building a lamb warm up hut. It's a 55 gallon drum with an opening cut in it, and a heater at the top. Very cool Lambs can come and go. You can also use it in a Chicken coop for small Chickens and chicks.

I have a feeling this weekend will once again be replete with nothing interesting to do. Just like the next 2 months, probably. Great. I need to become a snow bird.

No comments: