Thursday, January 8, 2009

Don't sweat the small stuff

You know, I started the day being irritated. I'd had a blast from the past- a bad one. Someone who I have worked hard on forgetting, as it is a new year, and I just don't want people who have absolutely no impact (and never will) in my life, coming in and irritating me. Life is to short to suffer fools! I had a Dr. appt today to deal with my crazy feet- I for brevity, I won't go into the details, but suffice to say, I had a list of questions. This Dr. was great. He is classically trained, but holistic in his approach. The redness I have on my toes, after working sheep? Frostbite. Plain old frostbite. Cripes, I went to two other Drs, and they were so wishy washy- course, I didn't have photos to show them... Anyway, I don't have good circulation, thusly, I don't feel that my feet are getting cold, because, simply, I don't feel much of anything ;0) So, I have to get either battery operated socks, or those packs- any suggestions? I surely won't stop working dogs. I am also going to start taking high dose efa (fish oil) to deal with all the inflammation I have going on.

I am really glad I found this Dr., and maybe this will be the beginning of some really good health. Oh, also, he suggested I get a rabbit fur bomber hat- you know- the ones with the ear flaps? I found a good place to get them, so that's a done deal. Oh, and a different brand of sneakers. Lots of good information. Made me forget about that inconsequential little gnat.

11 comments:

Darci said...

I have the ugliest pair of shoes that are Oh so warm with or with out socks, and wet cannot penetrate. They are Muck shoes, and they are also soooo comfortable. Comfortably priced too! Hock those tennis shoes in the closet and save them for the court, get some MUCKS!
Gnats? What gnats? LOL

Dancing shepherdess said...

Thanks- will look into them.. My tootsies are pretty cold right now! Gotta get some of those ugly pink slippers those guys bought for their wives a jcp!

Gnats, those annoying, good for nothing blood suckers who's sole purpose on this planet is to torment others. DEET! Where's the DEET!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Bummer, sorry to hear about the gnats and the frostbite. What's your hat source?

Unknown said...

My hands and feet used to get stone cold and blue. After my heart surgery, they arre very warm. Maybe check you heart circulation. Once they plugged the hole in my heart, it made a huge difference.

Dancing shepherdess said...

Here's the link to the fur hat seller

http://www.furhatworld.com/rabbit-fur-hats-m-17.html?gclid=CKvJgJu9gZgCFQO5GgodWQkCCg

Thanks Dianne- I think I need to get my cholesterol checked (he asked about that too), and then maybe dig a little deeper. I am sort of afraid to work dogs in cold weather... So, poor Lucy suffers.

But, the good thing is I know what is happening, and can take steps to correct them.

Anonymous said...

I just love lurking at your blog. Hope your feet are better.

BCxFour said...

(I cant remember if I told you this already - forgive me if I am repeating it) My hubby bought me the best boots for Christmas. If I didnt love him before - I really love him now. Have you checked into Bogs Boots? These are the MOST comfortable and warmest boots I have ever had - they are rated for -40. In all the snow I had I didnt get cold one little bit and the circulation (neuropathy) in my feet sucks from diabetes. I would sleep in these things if I could...

http://www.bogsfootwear.com/details.cfm/product/women-classic-high-classic

Best boot in the world...

Dancing shepherdess said...

Thanks for the boot suggestion!!! I couldn't get the whole link to work- which boot is it?

Dancing shepherdess said...

Darci
I need to know about thsoe muck shoes...

BCxFour said...

Sorry the link didnt work. Just go to google and search "Bogs Boots" and look for prices. Maybe find a retailer in your area that sells them. I bought the mens boots - because I prefer plain old brown/black combo and didnt care for the flowers and whatnot. Just about all of their boots have the same feel/comfort. I went with the mens boots because they were wider for my fat feet.

Try this link (copy and paste) for Zappo's shoes. About 1/4 the way down the page is various links to the mens and womens Bogs shoes they carry. Bogs also makes a wonderful shoe that is also rated for -20 below (or more).

BCxFour said...

D'oh! Actually pasting the link into the comment would be handy, eh? Here it is...

http://www.zappos.com/n/br/b/1570/Bogs.html