Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm okay, you're okay

I think it's time to lift spirits. Spirits of those who are trying to make it through not only this time of discontent with respect to the weather, but also, regarding the economy. I little piece of advice here, don't, whatever you do, go to google news and type in "layoffs". That will just shock you, and send you into a bit of a nervous depression. I have never seen the this in my life time. Just about everyone I know is being touched, or nearly touched by this. I can only hope that those who are being layed off have a good support network, and know that their job is not who they are. They were born without it, and will die without it, so life does go on.

There are some things that really make my day better, and here are a few

1) Good coffee in the morning

2) My dog curled up against me at night

3) My cat curled up in her bed next to me at night, purring in response to me telling her I love her.

4) The joy on my dog's faces when they realize that I am feeding them gourmet delights yet again

5) Watching NCIS, and Top Chef

6) Good food

7) Chatting with other sheep dog folks about plans

8) Coming home to a relatively clean house on a Friday, with two days off in a row

9) The prospect of a puppy, coming. soon.

10) Knowing I am loved very much by my family


What about you all?
Come on now, this is our collective AMEN that we are all OKAY!

1 comment:

Darci said...

A big 10-4 on the economy. It has taken me from 5 full schedual days a week, to 2 to 3 half full days over the last several months. Seems putting food on folks tables and gas in their cars takes presidence over having their dog groomed, and its kicking me here it hurts.
Things that make me feel good right now, is: knowing that I still have a job, and that things WILL get better.