Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bounty, the Quicker picker upper....

Yesterday was a lost day. I had just no energy. Today, different story- got up and kept going all day. Weird how one day is so vastly different from another... Anyway, this morning I got and decided to put some coffee on, and start laundry. In the winter, sometimes there is an issue with the pipes freezing, and when the machine goes into drain- it doesn't, and instead, backs up onto my laundry room floor. So, I babysat the wash while the coffee was brewing. After I determined that all would be okay, I came back into the kitchen, and the first thing I noticed is Mr Chips looking intently at something- brown, and liquid....

Well, in my infinite wisdom and distraction this morning, I neglected to place the carafe back into the coffee maker. This meant drip drip drip right onto the counter and flowing onto the floor. What a waste of good coffee. But, I did think to myself "gee, I am glad I got Bounty and not that garbage brand Sparkle". So, Bounty worked very nicely for me this morning.

Later, I decided to clean and go through some filing. When I was vacuuming, I tackled the bathroom fan, with the extension hose. Looks better. Then, later, when I was in that room cleaning the vanity, Lucy comes in and looks up at that fan- now, she has never ever looked at it before. How did she notice? Weird. These sheepdogs and their eyes. They don't miss a thing.

Still later, I made a nice sirloin steak, baked potato, and veggie. There was enough steak that the dogs all had some with their dinner, and they all got some drippings. Hugely popular I am.

Now, it's football. As of this point the Cardinals are schooling the Eagles.

That's it in a nutshell. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

Ya know...I vacuumed out our bathroom fan once - and shortly after a large nest of spiders came crawling out. Maybe Lucy was seeing sumtin moving around in the fan vent? Hmmm....freaks ya out a bit eh? (sorry)

PS I have done the coffee thing pot thing before too, then I bought the coffee brewer without the pot, just this thing you push your cup up against and out comes the coffee. Best thing in the world...till I broke that too. (accidently knocked it off the counter with the frozen salmon - second thought, never mind....*sigh*)