Thursday, January 15, 2009

Forced Time Off

Isn't such a bad thing, I suppose. Things could be worse. I think it's good for dogs to have some time off (and people). I know I am starting to work really hard on my flank whistles. I have finally decided that my away whistle will sound just like I say it. Come by, I have to differentiate between stop. Some how. When I give my dog verbal flank commands, I use only come or away. This indicates to her that we aren't doing casting. It wasn't my idea, but boy howdy it made extreme sense to Lucy. Lucy moves differently on a flank, versus an outrun. Outrun is after burner speed, keep in contact, check in, and be clean. Flanks- stay clean, move at appropriate speed, and don't be surprised if there is a whistle to down/walk up. So, I will get those whistles set. That would be good home work. There isn't anything really to do outside. It is just too cold. I can throw the ball for Lucy a bit, but being that it's single digits, no one should be out there much. Thankfully, Mr. Chips the cat, or one of the other dogs will oblige Lucy in a game of WWF.

On the foot front, things are not better. I can take those horse pills pretty well now, but this morning it felt like my left food was run over by a truck. Seriously, that's the visual I had- I had to look at it, just to make sure it was in one piece. So, SERIOUSLY no time spent outside willy nilly. Yesterday we chatted about Eskimos, and how they handle the cold weather. I suppose life isn't so boring, when you have to catch your food.... Someone mentioned that they turn their animal pelts inside out, so the fur is on the inside, and that would allow the skin to breathe, and keep them toasty. Apparently, they also use fish for skis. See? it could be worse....

Oh, last night, I looked down and Mr Chips was sleeping on the heat register. He completely occluded it with his chunky body. Yeah, that seals it, he is officially a fatty. Doomed to be on a diet... Sucks, really. Ginger, my old kitty is off her diet, as she is old, and not fat. And, at almost 16, she can do what the heck she likes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So what do the pills do for you? What was the final call from the Doc?

I hate taking pills. I was taking up to 15 pills twice a day. Now I am down to two and then at the end of the month, just one.

I put my pills in applesauce and that really helpes!!

Dancing shepherdess said...

I am not to see him for another 3 weeks. But, my frostbitten toe is not right, neither is that foot- so I have to get it checked out. I think I need rotor rooter for my arteries in that foot!