Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mouse deterrents and dust

When I got home last night, I decided I better get the lawn mowed. It wasn't that tall, but in some places, it really needed it. So, as usual, I checked the engine shroud for evidence of mouse nest. Well, there was... Remember that mouse pup that I got out of the engine? Well, apparently, he had a friend. Who was now a ground up piece of hamburger. Yeah, it was really gross. But, no nest. Apparently dead mouse bodies serve to deter other mice from moving in. I got mowing, noticing that I was low on gas, and I don't want to have to buy more for the season... I ended up mowing in high gear, as I just wanted to get this done. I think I finished in record time.

So, then, a bit of play with Danny and Lucy. Then, I decided to de-clutter the house. Go through, organize paperwork, put things in their place, that sort of thing. Which took me into the spare room. I ended up getting all the assorted stuff put away, that was sitting on the dog crates, and cleaned them all off with Fantastic. My goal today will be to file, and purge more unnecessary paper work, along with that fun job of shredding. The room was much improved. Was nice to catch up on this sort of thing.
I actually had energy- it was weird.

This morning, I woke up a wee bit late, and it was very warm out. I went out onto the deck and there was this huge Toad. Just sitting and looking at me. Glad my dogs didn't notice him... How he got up there, I don't know. Danny had to dip in the stock tank this morning after ball play. He gets very hot.

Am working on more obedience for Danny, and I think that's what he needs more than anything. Next time I work Lucy, he will just watch, up close and personal, but no work, as he isn't ready.

I've three sheep coming back to my place soon, they are Border Cheviot ewe lambs. Lucy will have her hands full working them ;)

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: