Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Work work all week long...

The fun weekend is over. It's a big let down when real life barges into your fun. Oh well. Yesterday, when I got home, I immediately set out to mow the lawn, which was so high in places, I couldn't clean the yard. We got about 3" of rain in the last few days, so part of my yard was still wet, but I had no choice- had to do this.

So, I left Lucy outside, along with Tucker, and left Kylie and Danny inside. Now, Danny focuses on me outside, but he also will investigate the house... But, Kylie is a good babysitter, so generally there are no disasters. I just don't want to crate him more than I have to, so I takes my chances ;)

Anyway, after I finished the back yard, I decided to let Danny out with Kylie and leave Lucy in. The only thing awry was the cat bed on my bed was on the floor.

As I mowed the lawn, Danny barked at the mower a little, and I told him sternly "no" as that isn't a behaviour I want in an adult. When I finished mowing, I drove the mower in (with the mow assembly dis-engaged) and Danny left it alone. Good boy.

I have TONS of weed whacking to do, but I need to get more string. Have to do that today.

My house looks like a hair bomb blew up, so I have to deal with that too. Joy.

Danny is growing up, and it was evidenced by the humping he began with Kylie. Great. He's pretty young for this. Let's hope it was a fluke...

So, this week is boring, work, clean, yard work. But, I need a bit of calmness interspersed with the fun....

On a really nice note, Lucy seems to be coming out of her snark funk. I spied her acting like her normal happy self, and not so worried about the other dogs. That's a huge relief. I think from now on, if this happens, I will just allow her to be alone more, and not push her to be nicer. I did see that Kylie sort of pushes her, so I will watch Kylie and not allow that anymore.

Well, folks, that's it for now!

2 comments:

BCxFour said...

I hate mowing the yard. I have to do it today. I would cheerfully douse all my grass with gasoline and set it on fire if there was an alternative surface that was not ugly. *sigh* Kudos to you for mowing!

Dancing shepherdess said...

Mowing isn't too bad for me, it's the string trimming...