Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Danny the Explorer

So, after work last evening, I got home and determined that the grass needed cutting AGAIN. Lord, it is growing fast. I don't mind mowing, but it takes me away from other things I could be doing. Danny had to sit it out in the house, because he is way too interested in the mower. He's good in his crate though. Anyway, got the mowing done, and then tackled the shrubs/hedges. Got them trimmed. Then I dumped/cleaned/refilled the stock tank that the dogs drink from, and Lucy lolls in. Then, I had to make a trip under the deck....

See, Danny has been Ponce de Leone lately, and is bringing items out from, I believe the crawl space of my house. Now, that's bad because I just fixed that loose vent, and didn't do the tightest job of it, in addition, there's loads of insulation on the ground. So far he has brought out two heavy duty black pvc pipes (which are his favorite toys) and a broom- how the HECK he got that push broom out, I will never know. He is very proud of his found treasures... So, I got under the deck, received my traditional head bonk, and crawled up to the door- that was indeed on the ground. It's only tied up, normally. So, I had to crawl on my side, get it picked up, tied back up (let's hope no wild animals were in there) and then, for good measure, I took the old decrepit kiddie pool and jammed it in the vicinity of the door, to keep said pup away from there. I hate going under there, I really do. I need to get a better door system...

So, after doing that fun little job, I went inside and changed out winter/summer clothes. That's a job just a bit below the door job, in terms of fun. I hate doing it.

Today, I have to clean, and then, I may tackle my storage room. It's in a serious state of disarray- it has to be dealt with.

This morning, Danny ended up playing with Lucy- she came up to him tail straight up in the air, and then he play bowed, and then they played- I am really uncomfortable when they do, because I just don't know when she will lose it. Anyway, it was fine...

Well, that's it for now. Nothing very interesting, I am afraid!

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

Puppies are such stinkers! LOL Danny's antics crack me up! I would be very proud of a broom too!