Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Miscellany

Last night I slept like a rock. I think it finally hit me how hard we worked on Sunday. I guess it's true- I am getting old. Joy.

I am not sure, but I think I got bitten by a spider on Sunday. There are two what look like fang marks on my lower leg. Not too itchy, but definitely inflamed. I never felt a thing- guess it could be those horrible gnats.

I don't know if the steers arrived yesterday. Shall have to call my brother today to find out. I don't know when I will get up there again- busy week at work.

I think this will be the week that I rip out the carpeting in my bedroom- if I can get one of my friends to help me. It is just too old and decrepit to keep around.

I am hoping to enter a trial, but money is so tight- I don't know if I can (and still afford to live for the next few weeks). The credit situation in this country is so bad- and we all are culpable. Stupid, but culpable. I have lots of bills to pay off and then, and only then will I feel like I can breathe.

It would be nice to have a looking glass to see just where you would be in 10 years. I hope that wherever I am, I am solvent and happy- and it doesn't matter one whit where I am, just that I am happy- not unlike I am now.

My yard is looking extra wonderful lately- with all the rain. The plants have taken off, and it's just great to come home to such nice landscaping.

I found out yesterday that I have almost $300.00 balance (credit) with my oil company- that is extremely great! I will keep that for oil for next year, and I may fill up now when the prices are low.

Danny is doing well. He is spending more time loose in the house, and getting more comfy with the rules. Lucy has decided she doesn't like him, so she is learning that life can stink, and if you touch him in a negative way, that your world will be rocked. Lucy is a spoiled little brat. Yep, I said it.

Danny was at work with me during a meeting the other day, and while in the office, he found tennis balls, three of them in fact. That kept him occupied for a long time- you know, keeping them all together, trying to figure out how to keep all of them in his mouth... He is a big hit with everyone. His tail looks to be one big time fluffy thing. He is growing slowly. He will be 5 months on the 11th, so soon he may get to start with sheep. Of course we will see how he does, and not rush him, but I think he is more than ready now!

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: