Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dang, that's a change!

Pretty much all winter, I felt bad. My legs ached, my toes froze, I got no exercise (because of fear of frostbite) and I just generally felt bad. Even went to the Dr.

Well, fast forward to present day. I am a new person. One of the changes I made was to cut way back on carbs (refined- as I still need my potatoes). I have a banana every morning, and eat basic foods. Well, no more leg cramps, no more general feeling badly, and a new outlook. It's actually pretty remarkable.

So, yesterday after work, I stopped at Home Depot and picked up some landscaping needs.
Not much, just some Impatiens, mulch, string for the string trimmer.

Got home and got the string on the machine, string trimmed the whole yard (which is seriously a lot of work, and my arms barely hold up to it). Then, I weeded the front beds, and planted the Impatiens in the planters. Then, I mulched the front beds. That last touch makes all the difference. Then, I went inside and looked at the state of the floor- dog hair galore. I *really* didn't want to have to deal with it, but I forced myself to vacuum. Glad I did, because I couldn't take one more day of that.

There is no way a few months ago I could have done all this. Could it be as simple as a diet change? Really? Well, if so, YEE HAW.

I have also been getting up earlier- as my clock says 5:00 it's time to rise. That means more time with Danny outside, and general chores can be done sooner, rather that later.

My brother found some fencing on craigslist and left me a voice mail about it- I emailed the lady, but didn't hear back- my brother called her and put a deposit down on it. So, I guess we are officially fencing in that other part of the farm. I really want to clear out a fair bit of it, so I can have big spaces to work the dogs. At this rate, sheep might not come until next year. I just don't want to rush it. Oh, and by the way, apparently, Turkeys will be with the sheep...

Well, that's it for now. Not sure what today will hold, but it's beautiful outside....

No comments: