Friday, September 7, 2012

Worked my guys at my friend's place yesterday.  It's a long drive, which costs $$, but it is well worth it, not only for the work, but for the friendship.   It was pretty comfortable about there when I got there, and first thing I did was work Joe?  not sure.  It went okay, but the more I work him the more fresh he gets... Something about respect... who knows.  I am not worried about him being too tight now, just not grabbing wool as he goes around ;)  Dan worked well, but on the first outrun was way short on his lift, and I told him to get out of that, which he thought just stop, so, we re-did it and he was better.  His lifts can be spot on sometimes and really wonky other times.  Ever since seeing that video of Jim Cropper and his dog at a trial, I now know what the true picture should be when working my dog- the speed of the sheep, the orderliness of it all... 

Joe got a few works and Dan a couple.  Then we had a nice lunch, and I headed home.  Hit traffic on the way, which added a good half hour to my trip. 

Today I am busy at work, and will not get to work Joe or Dan.  Joe is getting fitter and fitter.  Scary.  Early tomorrow morning we leave for the Merck Forest trials.  I have never been there.  I hope it's a nice one.  We will stay in a hotel Sat night, and I don't run on Sunday until later in the day (drat) so I have to head home later than I would like.

I got in touch with Charlie and next week we will finally get that fence put up (and only one or two gates), and there are some trees that fell in a storm that need to go.   It's cooler out now, so it's time to get back to work.  Still have to clean out the barn, but I am going to have my nephew do it- he's got a cell phone bill to pay each month, and I think this is a good way to help him earn the money.  He likes animals, and my sister asked if they could have a lamb to take to the fair next year- no problem! I would love it if he showed it, and even sold it at the auction ( I don't want it coming home from there- due to all the ickies that live at that place).

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: