Monday, December 19, 2011

Down Time

Boy did I need it. I spent yesterday not doing much, save for watching football and some great Big Cat programs on Nat Geo. Lots of very interesting behaviors, and I realize now that I should have been an animal behaviorist........ Oh well. Would have, should have, could have, and if, as my mom would say :)

Dogs were remarkably calm for a day just chilling out. Today it will be a bit warmer so back on to normal schedule. Three laps today! Have to to that. I would like to keep increasing as much as time allows.

This week will consist of working Dan, getting Christmas shopping done, and who knows what else. More down time would be nice :))

I think one thing I am going to do is to help my mother make Krum kakker, which is a Norwegian butter cookie that is well, OUTSTANDING. Pretty much all Norwegian cookies are butter based- I read last week that there is a butter shortage in Norway- THE HORROR! This is when they need it the most!!!!!!!!! The cookies I want to make take a special iron to make them and a wooden rolling tool. So, I need to get up to speed on this, and I can't learn any younger!

Find myself wanting to spend more time at my parents' lately. Maybe because I just realize we are all aging, and I really want to enjoy them while I have them.

I think this year, I may actually put out the bird feeder...... I haven't done that in a few years, but I miss the birds..... BUT, there is a big Red Tailed Hawk that seems to hunt just behind my back yard.... Maybe I ought to re-think that.........

Well, that's it for now, I hope everyone has a good pre- holiday week!!!!!!!!!

No comments: