Friday, January 7, 2011

Yesterday was not a fun day for me. I was still a bit down from losing Annbjorg, and then I got home to my furnace being on the fritz again. I just about lost it. So, I called my trusty repairman, and left to go take care of the sheep.

Got there, and once I fed them their hay, I decided just to sit there, and relax and decompress a bit. My favorite ewe, I call her "Favey", came over to me, and put her face right next to mine, sniffed me a bit, and then went to other matters at hand... A few minutes later she walked up behind me and I felt her nose on my jacket. Soon, she was well and truly tucked into some hay, and I left to walk the dogs.

When I got home, the furnace had been repaired! I should mention here, that it is not the furnace, it is the bad oil I got. They never put additive in when they filled the tank and I have been paying for that since.

Today, I went into work super early, so I could make it to an appointment, and then the grocery store, and then the sheep. I wanted to bring them up to the barn. I did just that, thankfully, they love their grain :)

They didn't really want to go into the barn, but since the hay is in there, I doubt they will stay out for long.

I made a steak dinner (early) and I am just going to relax today. The snow is really coming down now, and only thing on the agenda is going out to shovel occasionally, and well maybe a nap, but definitely, reading.

Tomorrow I am going to treat everyone for Lice again- since they are already up at the barn. Oh, I spoke with John, and he was happy with me treating his flock with lice treatment. Since I want more sheep from him, I would rather get them treated... Plus, they are due to lamb in Feb/Mar, and the lambs just don't need that toll on their bodies.

Was going to work dogs with a friend this weekend, but we will have too much snow. Oh, and I hear another storm with MORE snow is due on Tues/Weds. Isn't that just peachy!

We will be fine though. It's winter, it's what we do.

No comments: