Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another storm. Yesterday, I took the opportunity to work Danny on more pushing. This time I had Lucy tied in the barn room that my sheep go into. This was more challenging for Danny, and he never quit, or got too stressed. It was good. Lucy has more grit, it appears, but Danny is still young. He's also not a Kelpie ;)

But, it was generally good, and I need to remember to be calm. That is MY weak spot!

Anyway, we went home with Danny having another good lesson under his belt.

Last night I hit the hay thinking about the storm that was due to come in. Well, it did. We got about a foot.

I made it into work; some how, I made it up the hill on my road- inch by inch. Got to work, got my work done and then headed straight up to the farm.

I fed and watered the sheep; they looked fine. I think they are getting used to this deal.

Roads were much better on way home, so by end of day today, should be good to go.

I have to go to the butcher tomorrow and pick up organ meat for a friend of mine for her dogs. Planning to go to the NEBCA meeting Saturday, and that will give me a chance to do the hand off.

I am beat today. Lots of shoveling. Hey, one neat thing happened yesterday...
A contractor came back to do some work, and he said to me "hey, did you lose weight?" I said I didn't know, but I was glad he didn't ask if I GAINED weight ;)

Anyway, that's it for now. Dogs will have to make due with running in the snow, as I need some chill time!

No comments: