Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Woke up this morning with a mondo, beginning of Migraine headache. Took some Aleve, and hopefully that will stop it in it's tracks.

Yesterday, I sent Danny up for the sheep (I can't see what he does), but the sheep came RUNNING down for their lives, but Danny was not on their butts whatsoever. My favorite ewe was actually breathing hard, and shivering a bit. I felt really bad. I am going to watch next time I send him for them, and make sure he is not doing anything bad.

I have been hauling the hay far into the field when I feed them, just to keep things cleaner and spread manure, and it seems to be working. Gotta get more minerals out there, and devise a way to not let them get wet (I use loose).

Danny worked pretty well yesterday, and I set up yet another strange scenario, so he will handle it better. He doesn't seem to generalize too well... But, once he knows the right way, he does it right from then on. A true student :)

Weather might go south (as in bad, not geographically) on Friday. Maybe getting snow. We shall see. I have to treat everyone again for the lice again on the 9th, hmmm, my friend will be here then... Perfect! Help! :)

Thanks for the emails of support regarding Lucy everyone. I really appreciate it.

Well, that's it for now :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Julie, as far as your loose mineral staying dry, I finally had to break down and buy a mineral feeder a few years ago. I know that they aren't cheap, but it does save on mineral in the long run. I have tried to keep a pan inside of buildings and they seem to make a mess of that too along with spilling in, pooping and peeing in it.

This is the one I ended up buying:

http://www.sheepman.com/ecommerce/ecomm_product_details.asp?prodid=1208&source=srch&phrase=mineral%20feeder