Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Well, the week's half over... Isn't winter just FUN!?! Yeah, sort of like sitting through a history class in college, it is THAT MUCH FUN!

Yesterday, I brought some minerals up to the girls yesterday, and I also checked their water- the level isn't going down as fast as it used to, so I wanted to be sure there wasn't a short in the heater- I stuck my hand in there, and no issue with that. I guess now that I am feeding them far away from the water, that they just don't bother coming down to drink as much. There is also some snow on the ground if they so chose.

Didn't work them yesterday, just wanted to give the dogs and them a day off. The snow is ultra crunchy now, so it really isn't optimal for working the dogs, and well, there is no darn rush!

Looks more and more like we are going to get snow Friday night into Saturday. We will see; maybe it will miss us (hopefully).

I have decided to do a small clinic here at the farm, the first day will be centered on handling sheep (foot trims, worming, etc) and moving them with no dog. The second day will be round pen work, and perhaps bigger field work. It depends on the dog. It is geared toward novices. I think it's very good for newbies in this "sport" to get to know the sheep that they use so much. I have a lot of work to get done before then... Going to hire a guy, and be done with it.

Well, that's it for now!

No comments: