Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So, made it through work today, and am home. I left the sheep up at the barn today. The crust on the snow is horrific. The dogs have a HARD time getting around, and my lambs would be well, stranded, after a bit. So, I gave them their bale of hay, fresh water (someone left some presents in it ;) and left. I think they are totally happy with this arrangement. Lazy imps. Well, they can look at it as their vacation- for now.

We are supposed to get 4-6" of snow on Friday. Isn't that just great?! Not. Well, what's a bit more in a sea of it? Got an oil delivery today. I had to be home for it because my oil burner tech told me to make sure my furnace is off when they deliver, so the crud doesn't get stirred up and sucked into my furnace. HUGE bill. Wow. Glad I don't use a lot of oil.

Danny and Lucy played a long time outside today. Lucy is exremely playful, and Danny always obliges. Good boy. I slept like a ROCK last night- a nice hot shower will do that for you.

Check off another day closer to spring! Soon I will start counting the minutes!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

60 days until the first day of spring!!!!