Monday, January 24, 2011

Saturday after work I moved the water tub up to the barn corral. I gave up on putting the sheep back out there for the near future. The crust is extremely thick, but does give way to knee deep snow. There is simply no reason to keep the sheep in that, plus, watering is much easier now, as well as feeding.

Went out Saturday night with some friends; dinner, and then listened to a band. Had a great time. Leo and Clair, Irish nationals were a hoot, plus, Leo was a sheep farmer back in Ireland. Band was good. Got home around 11:30. So tired the next day.

Sunday the cold snap was coming in, so I gave the sheep an extra half a bale of hay, and left them be. It was so cold this morning, my car thought it might be difficult to start, but she did. GOOD CAR! -12 degrees F. That's cold enough.. I will give an extra half bale to the girls again today.

It will be warmer later this week, which is great. So far though, this winter has been a bust for outdoor stuff like working dogs.

I hope to treat all of John's sheep some time this week- if it gets warm enough.

No comments: