Thursday, January 13, 2011

So, on these long cold nights, I have had some time to reflect. For me, that means thinking about things I can't do much about. Things that cause strife in my life. And, you know what 99% of those things originate from?

The INTERNET.


Over the years, people have been rude, mean, you name it to me, and I could name them here, but what is the point. I have met one of these people in person, and she was as friendly as can be, but on the Internet, it is so much easier to act like you were drug up, not brought up, as my mother would say :)


I can say without any reservation, that the Internet (discussion groups, boards, fb) have brought out the WORST in people.



Those of you who visit this blog regularly, I hope it's because you enjoy it. If anyone has a beef with whatever I do, please call me, or, let's make a lunch date and hash it out, because I will not deal with false bravado on the Internet any longer.

Nuff said.

3 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

i do agree that the internet is one of those things that you can hide behind and say things that you wouldn't dare to say to someones face- but there are LOTS of great people on the internet too. You just need to know where to look. :)

Unknown said...

Some people are so unhappy in their lives that they have to make those who are happy in their lives- miserable, by attacking them, by spreading rumores, just by being mean!

We all know you are a good person.

And your dogs love you for who you are

That's all you need to know

p.s. come visit sometime

Dancing shepherdess said...

Thanks guys, it was good to realize that the internet isn't really "real life", and I do know there are good folks I have met on the internet- I don't mean to be so down, but nonetheless, I am awoken to the serious flaws of internet discourse, and I hope to meet you good folks (and others who are also cool!) some day! Diane- I have a friend who moved out to Pullman WA, so maybe I could work out a double visit...