Monday, January 10, 2011

Now THAT hurt

So, I got to the farm yesterday, after my breakfast. I got the sheep treated- I used Danny to hold the sheep, he did very well. Good boy!

Then, since I had Danny, and the sheep in a smaller area, I figured we would work on getting them in and of the barn and corners. It all started out pretty good. Then, I fell. I fell hard on my right knee. Hard enough that I got woozy, and hyperventilated. I landed smack on my knee cap. I sat for a bit, and then finished working Danny. He did very well, and is learning to push happily.

Later, after I hayed the sheep, I looked down at my knee, and there was blood on my jeans....

Later, at home, I checked and saw that I had cut a nice deep slice on my knee cap. I cleaned it well, and chalked it up to: I hate snow.

I woke this morning sore in my left thigh, a pulled lat on my right side, and a sore knee.

It could have been way worse- at least the sheep didn't cream me when I was on the ground.

No comments: