Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stick a fork in me

I have worked so much that past more than week, I have been just unable to do much other than the basics at home. Today, I finally had a day off. I was able to get to the grocery store, and then head up to the farm to work dogs. It was an astoundingly beautiful day (still is). I worked Danny first, and we did lots of come bys, and also some corner work. Danny doesn't love corner work, but this time he liked it more, because as I sent him in, the sheep would bolt out-straight up the hill, so he had to have more on his mind than the corner- covering was on his mind. It was a good exercise.

We didn't do lots of driving, but we did do some walk ups, just getting him comfy with that. While I worked him, I stopped periodically and picked up branches, and I think I will continue doing that.

I then worked Lucy and she was happy/no stress again. Maybe she just doesn't like that other place, now that she has her OWN place, with just me. I have no idea. I had her drive the sheep up, and then cross drive, and then inside flanks, and then, as they went up, to the other side of a hill, I let her fetch them. She loved that.

I then came home and tried to nap, but couldn't, and just finished eating a meal that just did not hit the spot. Just too tired.

I plan to work the dogs every day this week :) Maybe even get them in the cow field.

Going to sleep now. Oh, I think we have more Parakeet babies.

No comments: