Friday, September 10, 2010

Getting better

I have worked the dogs every day since Sunday. It has been great. Yesterday's work was just a little of this and that, since the day before I spent a bit more time trying to get off pressure flanks from Danny, and in my field, that is not easy!

I moved some cut up trees/limbs from the lane-way that had been sitting there since the fence was in, which looks a lot better now. Still have the job of getting the upper barnyard fenced, which, I thought was just going to be a chute, but my brother has informed me that I was mis-informed. Just means a heck of a lot more work for me. The area is almost pure shale, and I will need heavy equipment to get the posts in. Lord. I tried pounding in posts in many places last night, but just could not get anything in.

We definitely have more baby Parakeets. They make the absolutely cutest noises. Mother is even more protective of these guys. Every time I have to reach in the cage to pull out the feeder, or what have you, I am greeted by a very loud "TACK TACK TACK!!!!!" from inside the box.

Danny is on Panacur, as he started having the same symptoms as he did last fall when he came down with a case of Giardia. Hopefully, after treatment, all will be well.

Lucy is very much VERY MUCH enjoying working at the farm and hanging out with me. Danny is getting more pushy, and even keener to work the sheep. He's also developing more confidence, evidenced by him always wanting to walk up on the sheep, and when they turn to face him now, he instantly starts to give them the eye and walk up. I like that. It means he feels like he is in control, and for a long time, with how he started, I had to be in control almost too much.

We go for another two day lesson next week, and then Danny stays over. Will really miss his sunny disposition. He's such a good boy.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: