Monday, September 27, 2010

Sleep, glorious sleep

I get cranky when I don't get enough sleep. Friday night I had nightmares, and had to get up at 0-dark-thirty. Then, that night I didn't sleep well, so by Sunday, not so happy. I spent most of Sunday watching the Finals. I hope they never think of NOT web streaming them again! It's just too great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked the dogs, and hit on something to help Danny's left flank outrun- he's fine if I face him (not the sheep), but if I try to set up normally, he's back to being tight. Well, it was all just rushing on my part, so now I set him up and make him lay there a while, and then, he seems to just set up right, and I wait until he turns his head and is calm, then send him. Seems to work. We will keep doing this, until his left flank/outrun is better all the time. Bought the sheep come Blue Seal Course 16 grain, and gave them just a little yesterday, as it's new, and I want them slowly transitioning to it. I also put a bale of hay in the manger yesterday, so they have that option too. We are supposed to get a fair amount of rain in the next few days, so today I may put more seed out in the pasture...

Still waiting to see if I will get the rest of the flock that these came from... I need to know soon, otherwise, I will be getting other sheep. Met a person at the trial who doesn't live far from me, and have invited her to come and work sheep, so more sheep are in order for general purposes!

Today I will be going home early to work on my house, do some errands and put that seed down. I plan to take time off for the next few weeks just to get my life back in order. I may even make a real meal today....

One of the baby Parakeets stuck his/her head out of the nest box yesterday.....

No comments: