Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sheep!

I stoppped by the farm where I will be getting the Cheviot ewe lambs, yes, I will. I spoke to the farmer, who I am quickly becoming friends with, and he made a good offer, as these are a bit small for meat purposes, but heck, they will be fine for me. So, God willing and the creek don't rise, they come home this weekend.

I worked Danny just a few minutes just on his left side, and we are almost consistently there- he is getting that he needs to relax and turn out before I will allow him to go. Lucy, I worked her for almost no time- wasn't really into it, PLUS it was quite warm for this time of year, and the sheep were getting hot. I took a few shots.

A very handsome Dan.




Look closely at that fleece, it's GORGEOUS.





Here is my brand spanking new custom made hay manger- nice eh? Holds two full bales of hay. Double sided.

No comments: