Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend flew by

Well, this weekend wasn't very efficient, but it was nice. Saturday I had to work (boo hiss), and then, when I got home I took a nap- that was very nice, and very needed.

Sunday, I drove up to an Aussie trial in Massachusetts. I find it odd, in a sheepdog trial, or, well, any sort of stock dog trial, for their not to be a fetch to start your course. The dog was sent, and had to immediately drive the sheep to the left of the arena, and drive them along the wall. Lucy would not love this- her love in life is an outrun... Then, you had to drive the sheep to the other side of the arena, and not (in the upper classes anyway) go past the yellow tape line. Most dogs had trouble with that- perhaps because that part of the arena was pretty shady? Anyway, then they sheep had to be put through a Y chute, and then re-penned. I knew by watching that I would have just raised my blood pressure if I ran Lucy, so I am glad that I just went to watch.

I got home in time for chores, and then bed. It was a pretty good weekend, but nothing special.

No comments: