Thursday, October 29, 2009

Exercise while sleeping

This week has been a tough one for me. I have been having night terrors each night. Now, they aren't something new to me, but generally only happen occasionally, and not several nights in a row. The thing is, they are tiring, because you basically sleep walk, and it can be a lot of moving around, when you should be resting. The other night I think I got up about 5 times.

Last night, I was watching Top Chef reruns, and was falling asleep when my sister called, and asked if I knew anymore about my brother. My brother had been sick, and went to the ER, and then his own Dr. That's the last I heard, I told my sister in my groggy voice. She said "No, he's been in a car accident- on the way home from the Dr. appointment". THAT woke me up. Apparently, someone pulled in front of him, and he was brought to the hospital with "bumps and bruises". That's all I knew when I drifted off to sleep....

So, some time about 11:10 at night, I have a night terror, and jumped out of bed, realizing that I had to make some food for the Top Chef competition by midnight. I ran into the kitchen, looked around for food, then, realized it was another "dream", and went back to bed. Can you imagine? Lordy. So, I then went back to sleep, but have been up now since 4:? since I was just wired.

I wonder if this has to do with us not turning the clocks back when we normally do? All I know is I am very tired now, and the day will be a long one....

5 comments:

Kathy said...

You're not turning your clocks back this weekend??

Hope you quit having those night terrors soon.

Dancing shepherdess said...

We normally would have turned the clocks back by now, but the Feds changed the date last year.

Unknown said...

I hate those night terrors.

Kathy said...

Okay, so you're just referring to the fact that we turn the clocks back later in the year. We also turn the clocks forward earlier in the spring. I just wish that we didn't have to do it at all and just the clocks alone.

Dancing shepherdess said...

Yep, that's right Kathy :) I would like to leave the clocks alone as well. Enough to remember!