Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thanksgiving is coming!

No good news so far. Maybe not for a while. Oh, well. So it goes. Can you believe that Thanksgiving is a month away? I *love* Thanksgiving- well, the food anyway. I am a decent enough cook now, that I can make everything my mother makes, just about as well. I would love to do more, but my mother likes to handle the big stuff. So, we (my sisters and I, and now the nephews) help with prep and we do all the clean up, which is substantial.

Then, it's on to Christmas, and then a new year. I am happy about a New Year, as I look forward to getting some bills gone, and planning more fun stuff. Didn't do much this year in the way of fun, and will make sure to correct that this year.

This week, it was supposed to be nice all week, and now they are forecasting rain. Well, I guess that's to be expected in the fall. Need to do one more lawn mowing, to mulch up ALL those leaves, and then be done.

Word on Danny is that he has settled in well, and is doing good for a pup his age. I am just glad that he is being a good boy- I suspect if I had kids, I would be most worried about behavior if I sent them to camp too....

Last night a BIG scare. Was in bed, on the phone with my mother, when I saw a HUGE spider. I mean, it had legs 1.5" long, and just walked across my bed. My cat saw it first (thank GOD), and I went to dispatch it, and the first two time I used my book (hard cover) to squish it, the thing just bounced back! I could NOT believe it. I finally used all my might, and it was then gone. LORD. ON MY BED?????? I don't mind spiders, in their own realms, NOT in mine.

This week? Nothing planned. Sort of boring, I know.

No comments: