Monday, October 19, 2009

Made it Through

Well, we made it through the weekend. Weather was fore casted to be really bad, but in reality, it wasn't THAT bad. Saturday was fine. Sunday was sometimes a little rainy, but not bad- if you had the right clothes. I looked like the Michelin man by the time I was done donning all the layers I needed on Sunday.

My friend arrived Friday night, and we went to dinner, and then early bed. I was tired and so was she. Saturday the trial went nicely. Lucy was even allowed to work the sheep, as a bit of a demo? Lucy has not been worked enough and it showed. She had a beautiful outrun and lift, but the fetch- no down, and then a slice flank, which resulted in the sheep going to the corner and Lucy holding them to someone there. Then, when one tried to bolt over her, she gripped her on the nose, with all the fans oh, about 2 feet away. That was fun. We retired then. On Sunday, I ran Lucy, and this time I was at the sheep when she started her fetch- to get that down. She was stressed (as noted by the grazing and she peed once), and that was because I had that evil stick with me- I think). Anyway, we went through the course and ended with getting most of them in the pen (all but one). Poor Lucy. No real sheep work for months, and then this. Well, what can I tell you? I am not one of those folks who have access to lots of different flocks and can work my dog often, so Lucy suffers.


The food was great, and I enjoyed myself. I announced, and there were some good questions, and the crowd was really interested.

Danny left to go to his new home after the trial. I was sad. In fact, I was sad about EVERYTHING last night. Sad that Lucy suffers because of me. Sad that Danny left. Sad that I don't have my own farm, and most likely never will, and just plain weepy. I think I was just tired.

The dogs that are home now seem more relaxed now that everything is back to normal, and I am ostensibly happy, because I think the sadness has me thinking a BIG change of life is due, and I finally have the guts to do it. More on that later.

4 comments:

BCxFour said...

Danny's new home? WHAT? Is this for sheep camp or permanently?

Anonymous said...

Ditto what BCxFour said. Eh??

Dancing shepherdess said...

Just checking to see if you were paying attention ;) No, not permanent home, just his sheep camp home for now. I miss him a lot.

Loretta Mueller said...

LOL OK....I was wondering that too!